Summary of 2017 Passenger Data and Statistics and 2018 Forecasts
Airlift performance for year-2017.
The total Bonaire 2017 arrivals were 157,389. The total arrivals provide insight into the 2017 performance.
- Europe continues to lead the market performance with a 21.2% increase in year-2017 when compared to year-2016.
- North America enjoyed a growth of 3.8% in year-2017 in comparison to year-2016.
- Unfortunately, the overall arrival numbers in 2017 were driven by overall declining domestic arrivals.
Destinations originating internationally:
As to the Commercial Aircraft Operators, i.e., airlines operating direct to an International destination from Bonaire, we can observe the following trends:
United Airline (UAL):
- The United Airlines Newark (EWR) flight is seasonal and thus did not operate in the fall of 2017, reducing capacity for 11 weeks. Starting with the winter season, the Newark flight showed an upturn in passenger traffic.
- The Houston (IAH) flight had a 9% growth and the flight remained operational throughout 2017.
- KLM had a strong growth of 27.2% in year-2017 when compared to year-2016. This is the result of an extra winter flight that started in November 2017 and was originally planned to run through March 2018. KLM has now extended this extra flight and will now fly through October 2018 (via Aruba). This is extra seat capacity for Bonaire and should result in positive results for 2018.
- Tour Operator Corendon who started selling 100 seats on KLM commencing November 2017, has also advised that as of March 2018 they will increase the seats from 100 to 130 seats per week.
Delta Airline (DAL):
- Delta Air Lines had a strong year with an 8.2% growth in year-2017 when compared to year-2016.
- TUIFly had a 10.8% growth in year-2017 and they have advised that they expect to experience a 15% growth in package sales.
Destinations originating domestically:
- Unfortunately, Insel Air experienced a decline of 31.5% in year-2017 versus year-2016, thus negatively affecting domestic arrivals.
Recommended Check-in Times:
Domestic: 2 hours
International: 3 hours
Always check with your airline to see if they require additional time for check-in.